APA INTRODUCTION GUIDELINES
Introduce the question via your story
· Provide backstory [background] from a problem of practice
· Why is your story important? Why is it worth knowing?
· What is the rationale for your question?
· What do you already know about it?
Discuss literature review
· Support your research interest with review of the literature.
· Recognize work of other experts, scholars, researchers
· How did you find out what is known about your question/topic?
· What do others think about this topic?
· Any controversy associated with it?
· Explain definitions; redefine yours for the purpose of your research.
Clearly state research question
· in the body [end] of your introduction
· Consistently address question throughout project
Review APA Manual (pp. 7, 15)